Sunday, August 16, 2009

Phew!

I thought I was going to have this really bad flare last night and apparently my hands were just irritated, possibly from the swimming pool, because last night I decided to not use any topicals at all and this morning my hands are 100% better than last night!




They do look a tiny it rough still but I'm on the break from topicals. That's why I decided not to use any last night. My feet are doing better too. They weren't bothering me much last night though. I don't really use the topicals on my feet much and Ill explain why. I like to be barefoot most of the time. This house I'm living in has old hardwood floors. If you have ever had hardwood floors, you'll know that no matter how many times a day you sweep you always have dust and little bits of whatever the dogs track in from outside and the cat finds under the couch etc lol So putting topicals on my feet would just end up being a mess of crap stuck to the bottom of my feet. Using them at night I have to wear socks over top with the cream and when I use the ointment I have to use Seran wrap and socks. In the winter that's ok, I don't mind much but in the summer it gets so hot on my feet it drives me nuts!

Now about my feet, the bottom of my right foot has been bothering me for quite some time now. Although lately I have been using the Halobetasol ointment on my feet. The skin on the bottom isn't red or anything, but its thick. Like really thick, cracked, peely, scaly, painful. I have tried soaking my feet, I have tried using Dermarest on my feet (Dermarest did help peel a tiny bit but not enough) I have used plain Vaseline, I have used my peppermint jelly, my homemade moisturizer, Aveeno daily lotion, Vaseline hydrating lotion, Eucerin ointment, I have tried just about everything on it and nothing... NOTHING is helping to soften it or make it smaller. It seems it just keeps getting a little bit bigger everyday. Towards the top of the spot its very painful. It hurts to walk on it pretty bad. I also have another pain spot down towards the heel which isn't in the bad area, doesn't appear to have any P on it, but there's a small lump there, just under the size of a dime. My husband thinks its just a calloused spot like maybe something in my shoe is rubbing so I'm going to be looking for a new pair of shoes asap and see it that helps. Anyway, the redness has gone down tremendously, almost to nothing so I'm happy about that.



Its really hard for me to take pictures of the outside edge of my feet so I usually skip those parts and just take pics of them every now and then.


All in all I am very pleased with how I am doing. I think it may have been the chlorine in the pool making the blisters show up last night and all the redness because today as you can see, it's much better. Well I need to get other things done, so Ill leave this for now. Take care everyone!

No comments: