Friday, October 16, 2009

October has swooped in...

I love October. Its a a time when the leaves begin to change and fall off the trees. A time to start bundling up and start planning for Halloween. But along with the season comes the cold weather which is so hard on my feet. I have another PCP Visit on Monday and Ill ask her to start looking into why they hurt so much. But it seems that the cold weather has really kicked up the pain level and they are at about a 4 or 5 all the time now.

I haven't had a "bad flare" but its been more of a small roller coaster ride for my P. I'm on Celexa which I think she will be kicking up to 40mg on Monday, Amaryl for my diabetes, Lisinopril which is a blood pressure medication but its used to help protect your kidneys and that's why I take it, Ativan for the panic attacks but luckily I haven't had any in a while and Levothyroxin for my thyroid. I also have been taking a multi vitamin, one of those chocolate chews once a day with dinner. I never could keep the pill form down but taking it this way, I'm doing great with it.

Now, its sort of like my PPPP rotates between my hands and feet although my feet are still in pain and my hands have been making me crazy. I have also noticed they have a red tint to them all the time now. I'm wondering if that's that one condition where all the blood goes to that area. I'm going to make an appointment with my derm sometime next week I think and even though I don't have a lot of confidence in her Ill ask her about it.

Here are some pictures I took today.


 
 

So you can see, its not really severe right now, but it sure is enough to irritate me and my feet hurt pretty bad. I'm going to ask my doctor if I can take some darvocet for the pain. I hope she lets me. If not she can give me something else.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great month! Ill be posting closer to Halloween unless something else comes up :)

No comments: