Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Colder days...

Hey everyone! Hope all is doing well. I've been alright, my toe is getting better finally. I started soaking it every couple days in warm water with oatmeal and instead of vaseline I massage in neosporin. Its not so scary looking to me now and the open part of it has closed up.

I had a bad spot on the side of my left foot, almost on the edge but on the top part outside. It got pretty bad and some friends thought it looked like plaque but its clearing up now also. That spot has been there about 7 months. Itchy... omg so itchy lol

The tips of my toes are what I have been battling with the last few months. My hands have been livable. I get a couple of blisters here and there, they dry up, peel in that one small spot and do the same somewhere else. But I thankfully have not been having issues with that. I will gladly deal with my hands this way.

So, with the warm weather fading and colder days ahead of us, I wonder what it will do to my hands and feet this year. I know everyone is different. Some flare with cold weather and some clear up. Its a good time for me I think because I can wear nice warm snuggly socks. But then I dont get the sun on my skin either and have no way to buy the vitamin d ointment. Just like everyone else I guess Ill just be hoping for the best that I can.

How do you deal with the cold weather?

1 comment:

Megan @ MAID in Alaska said...

:) How are you feeling? Cold weather is rough... I live in Alaska, so it's something I'm very familiar with! I like using Dove unscented body wash because it doesn't dry my skin out like bar soaps. Aveeno cream is great too - the thick stuff in the tub!!
Megan
http://maidinak.blogspot.com/